Saturday 20 June 2009

A BOMB EXPLOSION AND OTHER VFX

vFX (Bomb explosion and particle animation)



After Charlie tried many times to do it in 3D, I decided to simply do it in After Effects and it took about 10 minutes to do.

The bomb explosion made out of hands I made in After Effects, using watercolor images of hands in varied poses (I used rotoscoping to draw them). I used this as a reference texture for particle effect in AF. I used vector mask in a shape of mushroom cloud to mask out any stray particles to maintain the atomic bomb explosion look. The animation of glow was applied on top of this effect.


This same effect was used in certain parts as a transition between images, to give burnt out effect.


I also animated ripple effect on the water when character jumps over the puddle.

I also used "fast blur" effect to soften the edge of some imaginary scenes.




Ripple:


No comments: